The high aspirations of some far-sighted and enlightened social activists of greater Raha area turned into a reality on the memorable day, the 28th July, 1964 in the form of Raha College, which has proved a boon to the optimistic people as the only general degree college till date in the 82 No. Raha Legislative Assembly Constituency which is reserved for Scheduled Caste.
The location of the college is a peerless combination of a good transport system connected to the junction of the road toward Chaparmukh railway station and NH-37 at a distance of some 400 metres only, and a secluded site suitable for ideal academic environment.
The college is permanently affiliated to Gauhati University and imparts higher education up to Three - year degree courses in Arts. The college is managed by the Governing Body constituted by the govt. of Assam as per provisions of Assam non-govt college Management Rules 2001.
Perspective Plan 2022-2026
- Construction of new Canteen building.
- Construction of Administrative building & office complex.
- Renovation of classrooms and laboratories.
- Extension of library.
- Construction of new departmental rooms.
- Improvement of academic results.
- Organizing national seminars by various departments.
- Alumni Association - Every effort is made to register the alumni association of the college and there is a plan to organize alumni meet regularly.
- Completion of Girl's hostel.
- Completion of boundary wall.
- Promotion of research culture.
- Effective waste management scheme.